Fluidra helps improve the lives of those affected by cerebral palsy

Fluidra helps improve the lives of those affected by cerebral palsy

Previously, we’ve looked at the Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and Glycogenesis research projects. Today, we’d like to present the third and final project, the winner of the Fluidra Day contest and a €3,000 prize. As you know, the three proposals had to make it through two rounds: the first round was a popular vote and the second was a panel of judges.

This project was submitted by Jeferson Christo from Fluidra Brazil, who wrote to us about the organization “O Cantinho do Céu” and cerebral palsy.

‘Cantinho do Céu’ is a philanthropic organization created in 1983 in Ribeirão Preto-SP to provide comprehensive care to cerebral palsy patients with severe, multiple and irreversible sequelae stemming primarily from neonatal anoxia. This institution provides multidisciplinary, round-the-clock assistance to patients with a high degree of dependency (they cannot walk, talk or feed themselves). Cantinho do Céu strives to give comfort and improve the quality of life of the 60 patients it currently cares for every day. (Jeferson Christo)

Cantinho do Céu’ is the only facility in Ribeirão Preto (São Paulo) that cares for people with cerebral palsy. Of the patients served by the institution, only 30% go home at night, while the remaining 70% must live on the premises.

“Our mission is to provide care to people with severe, multiple and irreversible sequelae stemming primarily from cerebral palsy, with the aim of improving their quality of life through specialized and humanized health care and by creating a family-friendly environment for the facility’s patients and partners.” (Cantinho do Céu)

The center has a staff of more than 70 people including social workers, physical therapists, psychologists and other professionals who provide round-the-clock care. Some of the activities offered to patients to build their skills and enhance their quality of life include reinforcing verbal expression, horseback riding and water-based activities.

Our colleague, Jeferson Christo, will be happy to learn that his project was the winner and will therefore receive a donation of €3,000. He will also receive a €300 Amazon gift card since his submission was among the top three.

With this article, we bid farewell to Fluidra Day and we encourage all of you to take part in next year’s edition, which will take place on March 22.

Thank you very much for your participation!

 

  1. jeferson christo da silva 08/10/2018, 11:49 pm

    Obrigado Fluidra por proporcionar esse momento e a significante contribuição para um mundo melhor. Incentivarei mais amigos a apresentarem bons projetos de solidariedade.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Pursuant to the regulations in force on personal data protection, you are hereby informed that your personal data shall be processed by FLUIDRA S.A. (hereinafter FLUIDRA), located at Avda. Francesc Macià, 60, planta 20, 08208, Sabadell (Barcelona) and holder of TIN A-17728593. Your data shall be processed for the purpose of posting your comment on our Website. Your data shall not be assigned, sold, leased or in any other way whatsoever made available to third parties. In certain cases, access shall be given to them to any of FLUIDRA's service providers that render certain services to FLUIDRA (such as sending the newsletter), but under no circumstances shall they process them for their own ends. We shall keep your personal data on record for the time that the article is posted and, in any event, for the period required for handling them. The processing of your data is legitimate because you have given your consent to do so. You may exercise your rights to access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability and to object, or to withdraw the consent given to process your personal data, by sending a letter to the data controller at Avda. Francesc Macià, 60, planta 20, 08208 Sabadell (Barcelona) or an email to dataprivacy@fluidra.com, with the subject line “Protección de Datos” in both cases and a copy of a valid ID document. Should you wish to contact our DPO to submit any query or question, you may send an email to dataprivacy@fluidra.com or a letter to the address provided with the subject line "DPO". We hereby inform you that you may exercise you right to file a claim with the supervisory authority.